Pages

Monday, June 09, 2008

Lazing in the Armpit of Grief

Well, I'm quite sure you've had more than enough about the trouble I've been having in getting any kind of support from the state while I'm unemployed by sudden disability, so instead I decided I had to have something more interesting to tell you all than, "woe woe woe my boat gently up shit creek." With this in mind, I've had a grand weekend indeed. Jonotron took me on a date on Saturday that involved lovely Sushi and a boat ride down the Thames. We met Stephen and Joe who came down all the way from Scotland, then got home and ate pizzas with Stuart, Jamie and Robin and wound up playing wii games until about 4 in the morning. I kind of stopped a bit sooner than I'd have liked. Bungee Buddies hurts my arms. It's been the hardest blow.

Yesterday, we had Lloyd and Grief and Robin round for roast chicken and a game of Call of Cthulhu that sort of turned into a bit of a Carry On film with the characters running in circles around a high security psychiatric hospital being chased by a werewolf, all the while dodging rapists and their own horrible psychoses. Fun! We then went to Hilly Fields and flopped out in the sunshine, then flopped on the sofa in front of Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End and it wasn't half as bad as I'd expected, so that's a result.

I'm in for a pretty frantic week. Physio today, craft then psychologist tomorrow and a super secret event tomorrow night, Wednesday is acupuncture then something super scary in the afternoon, Thursday I'm being injected with steroids then building a gay sauna in the afternoon and then celebrating 40 years of [ s p a c e ] in Hackers in the evening, Friday is more acupuncture, Saturday is helping at the Disabled Children's Day at London Zoo and then it's my birthday party, so everything has got to be good as I tumble towards thirty-two. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily. I am such a geek.

1 comment:

davedave said...

if by "stumble towards thirty two" you mean in a drunken state (and from your previous posts, i'm sure you'll enjoy yourself), then stumble away...

enjoy your happy birthday rex piratorum