Pages

Friday, October 03, 2008

So Many Things To Tell You!

Comics and Zines:

Fuselit: Fox is amazing. Get a copy before they all go. It's a wonderfully crafted little mini-magazine that is just beautiful and brilliant. Timothy Winchester's People I Know 7 is out and had me cooing and sighing all the way through.  Bike Immunity News number 11 is making me exceptionally pleased I bought a 20 year subscription to it when I had the chance (the creator was drunk and it seemed funny).  The Amazing Remarkable Monsieur Leotard is a sweet and charming book.  Pretty much everything Marvel has out at the moment is shockingly bad.  Let us never again mention Ultimates 3.  It's just an insult and the sprawling Secret Invasion of the main continuity is the dullest retcon fudge ever.  I might just stop following it for a while and stick to Knights of the Old Republic for my hero fix.  Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as a comic book totally spoilers the game, which is just as well because I'm not hearing great things about that either.  Buffy looked like it got interesting again with a bit of timey wimey nonsense having Buffy meeting Fray, but I don't think it'll be enough to convince me to return.

I'm hoping I can find some new gems at the comics show this weekend.  I'm likely to spend any money I make on buying work by other creators and I'm resigned to a life of poverty as a result.


Cute But Sad Comics:

After selling out of books at the launch party, I've had a mad scramble to get more for Birmingham and am pleased to report that the tip-off about the printers in Catford was a very good one indeed and they've saved my life.

I've compiled Anthropomorphism In Action: Volume Three, which features When Pigeons Weep, Jack, the Naughty Squirrel and a new and exclusive short story about Badger in the park at Hilly Fields.  Let me know if you'd like a copy, they're selling at £1.50 each.

Hmm, what else?  Robin and I went beserk making things this week and we've got loads of Cute but Sad things to show you - assuming there are any left after Birmingham.  I'm slightly bricking it that I've forgotten something fundamentally important for the weekend and people are going to point at me and mock my rubbish work, but that's just something I really need to get over.  I'm going to try to make a point of talking to publishers and presses about what I make and see if I can start some kind of dialogue with them about whether there's any way we might be able to work together.  I'm not sure if we've got a particularly good spot for the stall and I'm listed by my name rather than by the comics I make, but I guess that's just noob madness going on there.

Oh - lulu.com are back in my bad books (er) because they're raising their prices.  I'm looking into other options.  Perhaps your best bet at the moment if you want a copy of Badger is to get in touch with me directly and I'll sort you out.

Anyway, I'd better start stapling things together and generally trying to get ready.  I hope to see some of you there:

http://www.thecomicsshow.co.uk/

Eep!

1 comment:

ALI KATI said...

That little coloured leaf just is beautiful. I love this picture so much!