Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bunnies and Dead Men

So, now I'm moved across to Chiswick, I might even get back into blogging - especially since all the mundane stuff like insurance and bills and the like are sorted and I can think about other stuff, without boring you to death with the details. Suffice to say, we're settled in and didn't get thrown out for having a flatwarming party where we watched 1man1jar with a lot of people who haven't seen it before. There were actual screams of horror. It was really very satisfying, although you could still hear the wonderful little *ping!* as the glass breaks inside him.

I'm still struggling to find the wild, decadent, seething, bohemian underbelly of Chiswick. I suspect it might be as impossible as it sounds, but it's been really good in any case to be able to re-connect with people who live out West. Obviously, I abandoned them all the moment I last left West London so it's a good chance to make amends now I'm a bit closer. People of South-East London beware, though - I still have a car, so no-where is truly safe!

Should any of you know of any wild, writhing bohemian etc. side to Chiswick, please do let me know. Spring's certainly in the air at the moment with all of us - the number of tracks I've had on Gaydar has pretty much doubled and I almost walked into a tree on the way to the supermarket earlier looking at a cute bloke walking past, so I suspect I should find myself an outlet for all this creative energy.

The last couple of days, I've been taking commissions to do sketches for a fiver for people. It's been really interesting to do sketches that are explicitly for other people and are expecting something good in return. The temptation's been to change my drawing style, or spend too long on them, but people seem happy with the results so far. I'll post them on here in a bit, they're like Polaroids from parallel worlds or something. I might have to try to do something with that idea. Hmm.

Anyway, I'm off to join the herd and head down to Retro Bar to watch Doctor Who and then I'm going to head over to Duckie for the night! Jonathan's out for most of the weekend after that, leaving me plenty of time to find that wild underbelly!

2 comments:

Deptford Dame said...

Good luck in your search! My best friend has been living in Chiswick for about four years and still hasn't found it; but then perhaps he hasn't been looking hard enough!

MadeInScotland said...

Witches of Chiswhic (sic)...isn't that where the Birds of a Feather came from? Welcome to early dementia