Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Cyclops


Cyclops, originally uploaded by zombiecoterie.

It's healing so very cleanly. I'm impressed! However, I'm still in the phase where it's all I see, covers everything; twenty staples caging in the frightening question of what to do once it's healed? This injury's put my life on hold for a year, going back to my old career would be difficult and possibly dangerous, but my new one's a long way off making me anything approaching a living.

While I see through this one, narrow eye, I have no perspective on it, so need to see my life through the eyes of others. All I see is damage and loss, locked in blood and metal, soon to be gone. The question of what to do next itches far more than the staples have done. What to do, what to be, what to become?

1 comment:

MadeInScotland said...

How do the staples come out? Do they use something like I have in my office? Lord, I hope not.

I have 2 great, clean expertly done scars on my hands from when my bits were re-done.

I have a horrible one on my arm I prefer not to see.

Hope yours heals as you like it. Clean if you so desire, but scar-ish if you prefer some gash-fetish fun!

ahoj