Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Healing.


Healing., originally uploaded by zombiecoterie.

Yesterday, my arm was really sore, puffy and yellow, with limited movement. I ate more than I think I've ever eaten in a day, apart from that birthday when I was young and I'd asked that my birthday present was to eat so many eclairs I'd be sick. Actually, I think I ate more than that yesterday; there was an eclair in there somewhere.

Today, though, we changed the dressing again and the swelling's gone down, the colour was only bruised in the crinkles in the dressing and I've more or less returned to normal again. Or whatever variation of normal applies for me. I can make myself a cup of coffee, I can tie my own laces, I can tinker with top secret projects in photoshop for sad singers in Hungary. It's all very exciting stuff.

This weekend, I'll be at the MCM Expo, a big comics event at the Excel centre in East London. It's a two day affair, so I'm hoping I'll be able to stick it out. I don't think I'll be able to do much drawing if anyone asks for sketches there and then, but I should be able to muster a game or two of Cosplay Bingo, so it should all be okay.

Anyway, just checking in to let you all gawp. The other awesome thing is just how slimming surgery is. I swear I've got a lot thinner, despite eating five times what I'd usually eat. If I ever feel like I need to lose weight, I'm not going on a diet, I'll just go crazy with a stapler on my arms. Rah!

No comments: