Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Japanese Rope Bondage Life Drawing

Rope Bondage Life Drawing

Terrible photo of a drawing. Some days I think perhaps dropping the scanner on the floor was a bit of a mistake. Anyway, I went along to the Resistance Gallery in Bethnal Green last night for a Japanese Rope Bondage Life Drawing session. I have to say, I'm impressed at how it was done - difficult poses held well and you were left to your own devices for the main part. I chatted to some lovely people there and there were free wasabi peas, so I can't complain. It got a bit annoying during one complex pose where two women were suspended from the ceiling together because there were a lot of photographers there and the flashes got distracting and a few people were talking by the bar, but then I realised it was eleven thirty, I'd been there since eight and I was about to miss the last tube home, so I'm assuming it was nature's way of saying that by eleven, it's a social event.

I plan on going again if they do another one, definitely. In fact, if you know of any life drawing class (perhaps cheaper than this one - the £15 covered snacks and sake, but I am off the booze and I'd already eaten, so didn't need to pay for those), let me know and let's go do it. I really want to get back to basics and improve my observational drawing.

This morning, I'm being interviewed by Liberation Frequency magazine about my comics and art and stuff. I hope I can think of something vaguely lucid to say to them!

No comments: